News and Jobs
Latest News, Featured Articles and Job Posts
Calling All CHMMs: Looking for Speakers for the 2022 EHMM Virtual Course
We are looking for speakers for next EHMM (Essentials of Hazardous Materials) Course. If you have spoken in the past, don’t panic – we’re planning to have you back. But people get busy, conflicts arise, etc. so we are continually looking to keep our speaker pool current and fresh. We are currently scheduling an online course beginning in November.
FET has been holding this course (in various formats) since 1989 and has successfully trained hundreds of professionals who are now CHMMs. The course will help prepare attendees for the CHMM examination and is also a great way to learn about various EHS topics. We even have people take the course to refresh their EHS (Environmental, Health and Safety) knowledge base.
You would be welcome to attend the course for free on the day you speak. This is an opportunity to gain CHMM points. If you are interested in speaking, please contact Bob Evangelisti at UW Whitewater (262-472-5423), email firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to let him know what topic you might be interested in speaking on.
EPA Proposes Designating Certain PFAS Chemicals as Hazardous Substances Under Superfund to Protect People’s Health
On August 26, the EPA proposed designating two PFAS, PFOS and PFOA, as hazardous substances under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), also known as “Superfund.” The CERCLA designation is part of the EPA’s PFAS Strategic Roadmap. The next steps include publishing the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking in the Federal Register, which upon publication will commence a 60-day comment period. For more information, see the EPA’s press release –
At Brownfield Environmental Engineering Resources, we focus on attracting, retaining, and developing people who share our passion for providing a commonsense approach to environmental consulting. Brownfield provides a broad range of environmental engineering and environmental science-based services: remediation and redevelopment, due diligence and site assessment, engineering and construction, waste management and materials disposal, asbestos and lead, health and safety, and environmental compliance.
Brownfield is looking to add an Environmental Technician to assist with consultation, projects, and reporting. The position offers an opportunity to learn about a wide variety of environmental projects, work with a great team, and join a growing organization with a reputation for high-quality work and top-notch employees. In this position, the successful candidate will manage all aspects of environmental projects to ensure that they are safely completed on time, and within the scope and budget. Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office-related tasks and will include travel within southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- On-site monitoring, documentation, and managing contaminated soil removal for IL Department of Transportation projects
- Asbestos surveys
- Soil and groundwater sampling
- On-site monitoring/fieldwork
- Drafting environmental reports
- Associates Degree or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Geology, Environmental Studies, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related field.
- Understanding of applied scientific methodology.
- Ability to communicate scientific concepts in written communication.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
Brownfield offers benefits for full-time positions. These benefits include medical coverage, annual PTO days, holiday and vacation days, YMCA membership, performance bonuses, and a Simple IRA.
If you think you’d enjoy an opportunity to obtain diverse environmental experience submit your resume and contact information to: email@example.com for consideration.
Forklift Operator Environmental Waste Management
As a growing company, Enviro-Safe Resource Recovery is a leader in environmental sustainability programs and waste management solutions. The right individual would possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, good chemistry knowledge, be a team player, self-motivated, have good organizational skills, and the ability to adapt to new challenges. As a women owned family business, this entry / mid-level position offers multiple job responsibilities to become a well-rounded employee whose skill set can lead to other opportunities within the organization.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) required. Associate or additional education in chemistry or related science discipline a plus.
- 1 or more years’ experience working in the waste, chemical or related industry (preferred) with a general understanding of chemicals and chemical processes.
- Proficiency in operating forklift required.
- Physical strength to safely move, fill, and handle 55-gallon drums and other containers sizes, standing for extended periods of time, and perform clean-up activities.
- Comfortable working with hazardous materials and ability to wear respirator.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate, problem solve and build intercompany relationships.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, as well as, an individual.
- Willing to comply with safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment (body, foot, hand, face and respiratory protection).
- OSHA 40-hour Hazwoper trained (preferred).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Track and update database of drum locations from receiving to processing to maintain an appropriate distribution and flow of materials.
- Ensure the proper labeling and storage of containers.
- Oversee with the bulking, consolidation and lab pack repack program to determine accuracy of waste contents and ensure efficiency of process, as well as, determining appropriate documentation prior to disposal.
- Loading and unloading bulk shipments to and from storage tanks and containerized shipments.
- Maintain an organized warehouse with inventory accuracy including good housekeeping and light maintenance of equipment and the site.
- Perform daily facility inspections.
- Maintain compliance with operating permit requirements.
Enviro-Safe is a dynamic and fast growing environmental, safety and resource recovery firm. Enviro-Safe currently opened a new state-of-art recycling facility in Germantown, Wisconsin and recently added a 30,000 sq. ft. addition. The facility is designed to offer companies in Wisconsin and the Midwest various recycling options for industrial waste and byproducts. We are a leading provider of diverse sustainability programs. Enviro-Safe has been recognized and selected nationally 11 out of 19 years, as an “Inc. 5000 Company” and has received various other growth awards, representing one of the fastest growing companies in the country. We offer competitive salaries and a progressive benefit package which includes: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life / Disability / 401(K) plan with guaranteed company match, paid vacation and holidays, training, great advancement opportunities and more.
To join our exciting team and apply for this position, please forward your resume to Enviro-Safe Resource Recovery., W130 N10500 Washington Drive, Germantown, WI 53022 or email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org For further information on Enviro-Safe, a women owned family business, please check us out website at www.enviro-safe.com
Enviro-Safe is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Account Executive-Environmental Testing Services (Remote)
The Account Executive will be responsible for expanding our market share, promoting and selling Pace® Analytical environmental testing services within Wisconsin and the surrounding area to leverage relationships, and ensure customer retention. Candidates must possess a verifiable record of successful sales experience as well as a proven track record of increasing market share. Regional travel expected with overnight stays. Must reside in Wisconsin, Minnesota or Illinois.
All Pace® employees are passionate about their work, and we are looking for someone that has a passion for selling and developing/maintaining customer relationships. We believe that we have the BEST sales team in the industry, so we aren’t looking for good – we are looking for GREAT!
If you are interested in a career opportunity with an outstanding and growing company, we are interested in speaking with you. This position offers a competitive base salary and an incentive program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This class specification lists the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.
1. Increases Market Share through new business growth and increases Wallet Share of existing customers in assigned territory.
2. Visits customer establishments to evaluate needs or to promote services as needed.
3. Maintains customer records using automated systems.
4. Negotiates prices or terms of sales or service agreements; quotes prices, credit terms or other bid specifications.
5. Contacts new or existing customer to discuss how specific products/services can meet their needs
6. Provides intermediate to complex analysis, interpretation and counsel to customers, staff, management, and functional leaders regarding sales policies, programs and practices.
7. Provides guidance and develops recommendations on product/service features based and analyses of customers’ needs and on technical knowledge of capabilities and limitations to meet customer requirements.
8. Assists with receiving customer feedback and coordinating resources and responses as required.
9. Analyzes and reviews operations, results, feedback and related sales information on an ongoing to as needed basis to determine trends, draw conclusions, interpret findings, and presents results, proposals and recommendations to customers or management.
10. Interprets and applies department policies and procedures and assists with applicable laws, rules, and regulations; receives guidance within these areas as needed.
11. Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the department’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
12. Promotes and supports the overall mission of Pace® by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with customers and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, chemistry, environmental sciences, or a closely related field;
- AND two (2) years of customer support experience, including experience with complex programs or operations;
- OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- Understand principles, practices and techniques of sales effectiveness.
- Various understanding of the administration and oversight of sales programs, policies and procedures.
- Understand methods to resolve sales and customer problems, questions and concerns.
- Various understanding of applicable sales laws, codes and regulations.
- Understanding of various testing tools, equipment, and processing.
- Computer applications and systems related to the work.
- Principles and practices to serving as an effective project team member.
- Methods to communicate with staff, coworkers, and customers to ensure safe, effective and appropriate operations.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Performing professional-level sales duties in a variety of assigned areas.
- Overseeing and administering various sales functions.
- Serving as a team member and the development and management of projects.
- Operating in a both a team and individual contributor environment.
- Interpreting, applying and explaining applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Preparing account reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established department guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Performing effective oral presentations to large and small groups across functional peers and the department.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of individuals contacted in the course of the work.
For additional details visit https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=1f12b76e-b5dd-45b0-96ce-ced7deac90ad&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=442686&lang=en_US&source=EN to apply.
FET, a 501c (3) non-profit organization, is the premier source of environmental education and programs, and serves to satisfy the training and networking needs of those who have environmental responsibilities in the state of Wisconsin.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the ideal candidate will have a variety of skills to help the mission of the organization.
Duties to include:
- General clerical duties including answering phone, emails, taking messages and ability to help members and answer questions
- Be detailed and organized, ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently
- Excellence in written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle periods of additional workload throughout the year as needed and occasionally attend evening meetings. This includes a 3-day off-site conference in the fall.
- Ability to maintain relationships with outside vendors
- Knowledge of Microsoft office products including Access and Publisher, plus Adobe Acrobat and email marketing software
- Database management
- Accounting software familiarity and ability to coordinate accounts payable, accounts receivable, running financial reports, process credit cards, and make other deposits as needed
- Graphic design skills
- Website maintenance, email marketing, marketing and social media savvy
- Knowledge of Zoom meetings and webinars
- Two-year or four-year degree in business, marketing, communications, or equivalent work experience
Salary range: $18 – $22 per hour
Job Type: Full time
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, 10 paid holidays; vacation days
Work Location: FET office in Germantown, WI
Send resume to email@example.com
Jobs Available ads are placed in the FET monthly newsletter EnviroNotes, and online for two consecutive months at a cost of $400 per ad ($300 for FET patron member companies).
Jobs Desired ads are free of charge for anyone who is searching for a position in the environmental field.
Additional questions can be directed to FET at firstname.lastname@example.org
Copy submitted for the ads are subject to editing in accordance with technical and policy guidelines and space requirements.